My Photo
Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

I am a dancer with Minneapolis based James Sewell Ballet, a small, contemporary ballet company. I also choreograph independently.

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Burn

I look inside for humility. That’s reality.
Mere language, phraseology, isn’t reality.
I want burning, burning!
Be friends, all of you, with your burning.
Burn your thinking in humility.
Burn your phrases.

Rumi


Reading the above on a plane, I take this to heart even as I wonder at its meaning.

Heat.
My burning is directed toward the moon, toward its cycles in relation to those of my

Body.

I burn,
Standing in the flame like sister Joan.

Aiming
To now stop in place. To then remount and begin another pass up the spiral.

These burning times
Are heady as they
Come knocking.

My blank watchface
Tells me little but that I am here and it is

Some time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home