My Photo
Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

I am a dancer with Minneapolis based James Sewell Ballet, a small, contemporary ballet company. I also choreograph independently.

Thursday, October 26, 2006

At This Dark Hour

News
Hits sometimes
Like lightening
At others
Like an oncoming storm

The rolling of thunder
The darkening sky
Piercing raindrops
Right into
My mouth

I absorb
I inherit
The wind
It blows
The leaves off
Nearby trees
The ones surrounding my view
Protecting and
Enfolding


Me

It is dark now
Night and the storm
Of my life
At this moment

And yet

There are
Piercings
Of joy

The leaves continue to fall
And fall

At this dark hour
All is somehow still
Possible

I well up
Go blind
Endure
I am not sure
About
Anything

I sit quietly
Smoke rises
I remember to be sad
It is contained in my body
That occassionally defies
Gravity

I murmer
Whispered wishes
Well wishing
All things for the best

I continue
I dance
I swallow hard

What next?

Beyond
The leafless trees
New buildings are exposed
Showing me
That life goes on
And in a heavy way

I sway

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home